I have some old Lego Znap. It was part of a Lego experiment to compete with K'Nex. Its not much use and after having a look in one of the science catalogs selling K'Nex as a DNA molecule I thought I would have a go making a DNA strand with it
Here are the results. an 8 base pair set - I didn't have any more connectors. The set can be twisted into a double helical structure and since the stuff was just lying around it has found a good use.
The Znap has four colours here red - green and black - yellow making the different base pairs.
It will do until I can get a much better model and that won't be K'Nex either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Centripetal Force — Why Going Twice as Fast Changes Everything
Centripetal Force — Why Going Twice as Fast Changes Everything A practical investigation into mass, radius and rotational speed There are ...
-
Physics GCSE: Electricity in the Home – What You Really Need to Know Electricity in the home is one of those GCSE Physics topics that feels...
-
Maths GCSE: Turning Recurring Decimals into Fractions (Without Panic) Recurring decimals look scary at first glance. Lots of dots, myster...
-
Momentum on an Air Track — Watching Conservation Laws Happen in Front of You There are some experiments in physics where the result is ma...
No comments:
Post a Comment